By StateNewsAdmin - Sun Jul 01, 4:15 am
During British rule GUMLA was under LOHARDAGA district .In 1843 it was brought under BISHUNPUR province that was further named RANCHI .In fact Ranchi district came into existence in 1899. In 1902 Gumla became Sub-division under Ranchi district. Blessed with nature’s beauty , the district of Gumla is covered by dense forests, hills and rivers. It is situated in the southwest portion of the Jharkhand State. The District was carved out of Ranchi District on 18th May 1983. The district lies between 22° 35″ to 23° 33″ north latitude and 84° 40″ to 85° 1″ east longitude.
TANGINATH, THE GREAT TRISHUL, DEVI-MANDIR, SURYA KUND, RAJADERA, MAHADEV KONA, MAHAMAYA TEMPLE OF HAPAMUNI, DEVAKI, AANJAN, PAMPAPUR, MALMAPUR, PANDULATA & GHORLATA, GOBARSILLI, RAKASTONGRI, BHIMTONGRI, BASUDEOKONA, TARALOYA, NAGAR, NAGFENI, , BANPUR, PANCH PANDAVA PAHAR etc.
HOW TO REACH
Gumla is located 56.0 KM away from the nearest railway station ‘Bano Railway Station’.
Air :The nearest airport connected to all major cities of the country is Ranchi Airport.
Road : Gumla is well connected via road with all major cities of state.