Pragya Kendras to play key role in extending digital services
By Abha Manakatala - Sat Jun 27, 11:52 am
Every body knows that during Digital India Week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to launch the Digital India Week on July 1.What is not widely known is that under the Digital India initiative,Common Service Centre(CSC or Pragya Kendra in Jharkhand) is going to play a key role in extending the digital services delivery to the citizens across India.
Given this mammoth task,Pragya Kendras in Jharkhand are mandated to conduct a week long promotional activity at their respective CSCs and update them through the monitoring applications.Some of the important activities to be performed at CSCs in the week long activities are mentioned below.
1. Decorate your CSC with Banner and Posters
2. Live webcast or telecast the Prime Minister’s Launch Event on 01st July, 2015 to citizens
3. Conduct Financial Literacy sessions and facilitate the creation of financial inclusion products
4. Conduct Digital Literacy sessions
5. Show Rozgar Duniya movie
6. Conduct Tele-health consultations
7. Create awareness on Public Grievance portal
8. Facilitate the creation of Digital Lockers for citizens
All participating CSCs will be provided upto Rs. 300 for performing these activities along with the Digital India T-Shirt/ Cap/ Pen.
All VLEs should update their activities through following two monitoring applications:
1. Android-based mobile application (a detailed user manual for downloading, installing and using the application is attached here)
2. Apna CSC Activity Online Monitoring Tool (a detailed user manual for registration, activity plan, source links and day-wise reporting structure is attached here)
Based on the activities reported on the APK and Apna CSC Activity Monitoring Tool, state-wise top performing VLE will be given a tablet, 2nd top performing VLE will be given a IRIS Scanner,and so on.